Used CNC Dual
Purpose and Toolroom Mills
|Used TRAK MILLING MACHINES|
|Factory fit CNC bed mills
feature the TRAK Auto Geometry Engine three-axis or TRAK Auto
Geometry Engine two axis a substantial upgrade to the knee
mill design. Both models are ideal for toolroom
prototyping and light production milling. Ideal
when you want one machine for many different
applications. There is easy transition between
manual two-axis CNC, three-axis CNC, and three-axis
DNC. Twice as heavy as standard knee
mills. More rigidity, stability, and capability.
|Used TRAK DPM
The TRAK DPM is the Dual Purpose Mill,
to be used both as a Two-Axis and as a sophisticated
Three-Axis Milling Machine.
USE IT AS A THREE-AXIS
When needed, the TRAK DPM operates as a
three-axis CNC mill. The easy-to-use TRAK A.G.E. 3 gives you
the capability you need in a CNC that is easy to learn and
operate. Used this way, it is outstanding for light to
moderate quantity production, as well as complicated
three-axis geometry as in mold making.
CONTROLLED Z RAM MOTION - For the Z axis motion the entire
Ram moves up and down along the column, giving you rigidity
and generous Z travel.
STANDARD - The TRAK DPM comes equipped with auxiliary
functions at no extra cost. These functions allow
automatic control of machine coolant and fourth-axis index
functions from commands programmed into the control.
|USE IT AS A
The TRAK DPM can operate as a TRAK TRM with all
of the features you see on the preceding page. With
a simple selection on the control, the machine operates as a
two-axis CNC with the third-axis DRO. You are never
forced to program or set up a three-axis CNC when you don't
need that capability.
DUAL INPUTS TO THE Z POSITION
READOUT - The Z axis position displayed is the
sum of the motion of the ram (measured by a ballscrew encoder)
and the quill (measured by a quill encoder). In
this way, the Digital Readout keeps track of both your ram
motion and your manual quill positioning.
The TRAK DPM adds up to an
exceptional value. For a little more money than it
costs for a good quality knee mill and control, you
get: a lot more iron than with a knee mill; a lot
more simplicity than with a Machining Center; a lot more
capability than with a two-axis CNC; and more
versatility than with any other alternative.
|Used TRAK A.G.E. - THE DPM
The TRAK A.G.E. 3 gives you the capability you
need in a three-axis control but without the complications
found in other CNCs.
THE SAME EASE OF USE AS THE
TWO-AXIS CONTROL, WITH THESE ADDED CAPABILITIES:
- Three-axis simultaneous interpolation including helical
- Advanced #D tool path graphics before you machine or
"real time" during machining operations.
- Easy transition between capabilities. A
single button press leads in the CNC you want to use -
A.G.E. 2 or A.G.E. 3.
- Optional DNC interface to run large CAM files or complex
- Auxiliary functions to control coolant on/off, spindle
off, shop air (for a spray mister) and generate a signal to
a fourth-axis indexer as the part program
two-axis CNC bed mill
|The TRAK TRM is the best
machine ever made for tooling, fixtures, prototypes, molds,
models, electrodes and short run
production. MADE FOR MACHINISTS, NOT CNC
OPERATORS. The TRAK TRM is made for use by the
skilled machinists that use knee mills now. The
machine retains much of the same feel of a knee mill and the
control is easy to learn for people who know a lot about
machining, but not much about computers. The TRAK
TRM makes machinists more valuable by allowing them to spend
time solving problems instead of wasting time on manual
set-ups or repetitive positioning.
- AS A MANUAL MILL
Manual operation is enhanced
by three-axis Digital Readout, power feed and jog
capabilities. Ball screws in the table and
saddle, and wide way surfaces make handle turning smooth and
eliminate backlash for positive control.
- AS A COMBINATION MANUAL/CNC MILL
a time consuming set-up in what would otherwise be a manual
job, the CNC can be used for one operation and then the mill
returns to manual control.
- AS A SOPHISTICATED TWO-AXIS CNC
A.G.E. 2 control makes the most useful features of CNCs
available for creating complete two-axis part
Used TRAK A.G.E.2 - THE TRM CONTROL
EASY TO USE
- All programming in English - no G or M codes to
- Prompted data inputs - just follow the instructions on
- Powerful Auto Geometry Engine - allows programming the
part with available data.
- Geometry-based programming instead of the tool-path
programming of typical CNCs.
- Canned cycles for milling arcs, diagonals, pockets and
position drilling operations like bolt
- Two-Axis Linear and Circular Interpolation.
- Math help routines both for finding points and built
into the Auto Geometry Engine to calculate unknown
- Diameter cutter compensation allows programming of
actual part rather than the center of the tool.
- Mirror Image, Rotation and Repeats of programmed
- Part graphics to show the entire tool
path. Can be used as a preview during programming
or while you machine.
- Communication with off-line computer systems for running
CAM files or saving and receiving
|Used TRAK TRM & TRAK DPM
TRM - Mill
A.G.E. 2 Control
DPM - Mill
A.G.E. 3 Control
- TABLE SIZE 50" x 10" (1270 mm x
- T-SLOTS (width x no x pitch) 5/8" x 3
x 2 9/16 (16mm x 3 x 65mm)
- TRAVEL (X,Y,Z) 31" x 17" x
23.5" (787mm x 431mm x 597mm)
- QUILL DIAMETER 3 15/16 (100mm)
- SPINDLE TAPER #40 NST (NMTBA Style
- SPINDLE SPEED RANGE 70 - 4200 rpm
- SPINDLE NOSE TO TABLE 0 - 24"
- SPINDLECENTER TO COLUMN FACE 17.3"
- MAXIMUM QUILL TRAVEL 5" (120mm)
- HEAD SWIVEL RIGHT AND LEFT 90 degrees
- QUILL FEED PER REV. IN AUTO
FEED 0.002' 0.004, 0.006 inch/rev
0.10, 0.15 mm/ rev)
- SPINDLE MOTOR 3 HP (2.2kW)
- POWER REQUIREMENT 220v or 440v
phase, 60 HZ, 8.6/4.3 amp
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT ON TABLE 1320 lb. (600
- MAXIMUM WORK CAPACITIES
- Drilling (mild steel)... max. dia 1.00" (25mm)
- Tapping...3/4" (M18)
- Milling capacity...3" in cubed/min. (50 cm cubed
- Boring capacity...4 3/4" (120mm)
- MACHINE WEIGHT NET (approx.) 4070 lb.
- SHIPPING WEIGHT (approx.) 4300 lb.
- FOOTPRINT (Width x Depth) 24" x 43"
(610mm x 1090mm)
- SERVO MOTORS - X, Y - 280
Used TRM ONLY
- BALLSCREWS X and Y axes
- Z MOTION ram and quill - manual
Used DPM ONLY
- BALLSCREWS X,Y, and Z axes
- SERVO MOTOR - Z - 560 in-oz
- AUZILIARY FUNCTIONS AC relay - 115
volts shop air, in/out - 90 psi, electronic signal in/out
(Haas compatible), spindle shut-off
- Z MOTION ram - servo only; quill -
- AUTO LUBRICATION one shot to ways and
ballscrews each 30 minutes of spindle motor